First Blog Post: WRIT 340

I am from Anaheim, California. Coming from an action sports background growing up skateboarding, I found a passion for visual arts and am now pursuing my passion to become an action sports filmmaker for hopefully Red Bull post graduation. I plan on getting there by creating spec ads for the USC Ski and Snowboard Team, developing my network within action sports through social channels, developing my network and social presence, and of course developing my skills through practice, courses, and environment. I am hardworking, selfless, and have the same Latino values like my parents. Unlike my parents, I am an American born citizen and have grown up as a first generation American with many more opportunities that they have provided for me. I have developed my own expectations for myself through deep introspection that I underwent during difficult times in my late teens. Having my health put in jeopardy at a young age really shocked me into understanding what I value in my life and what I want to get out of it. Jocko Willink is a person that I believe lives life with great passion and discipline that has allowed him to get to high heights. I feel a special connection to lions because they are natural leaders and pack (pride) based animals. I am very loyal to people that are within my close circle and will do what is necessary to protect them and assure that they reach success. I remember growing up we had a tree in front of my house and we had to cut it down because it had termites. It was somewhat sad, but the yard looked a lot nicer after that. Sun Sign is a Virgo. Moon Sign is a Pisces, Rising sign is a Libra. And I don’t believe any of those signs have any effect on my actual personality lol. 


Comments

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Action sports sounds awesome! It's cool to see how your background in skateboarding has transitioned into a passion for film and future career. Lions are great animals, they are definitely natural leaders and symbols of good luck. I'm not too sure what the signs mean either, but it looks like we have the same moon. Overall, great post.
    -PR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew! Your journey from skateboarding to visual arts is absolutely awesome, and it’s amazing seeing how your passions continue to guide your decisions. People that are always supporting and cheering on their friends are the best people, and I think that sounds like the exact type of person you are! Your friends and family are lucky to have you in their life, especially with how hardworking and caring you are. Good luck with creating spec ads for the snowboarding team and keep us updated! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew,
    Its very interesting that you are into action sports. I always wondered when watching red bull ads either on YouTube, Superbowl, etc, what the process is actually like and how you actually get into it. Its great to hear you are building your portfolio by using USC sports ski and snowboarding team to make specs for them. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope to see your name on red bull ads in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew! I think that its so cool that you have a distinct passion and you want to become an action sports filmmaker for Red Bull. I relate to having a family from a different culture but growing up in the US and cultivating my own values that align with both. Have you always done the sports/activities that you film? or have you always enjoyed the creator side of it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrew, becoming an action sports filmmaker sounds like an awesome job. It is really cool that you have such a distinct passion and have a clear plan to pursue it as a career. I also admire how you have developing your network, and I have no doubt you will achieve the goals you have set for yourself. Jocko Willink is a great role model. His work ethic and discipline is insane and I always see those Instagram posts of him getting up everyday at 4 AM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment